Drive a Classic Car Experience
The ‘Drive a Classic Car Experience’ is an exclusive opportunity to get behind the wheel of a classic car and drive, at the 2017 Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show.
An array of HERO’s Arrive & Drive cars will be available for guests to take the wheel on a specially created driving route around the NEC's show buildings. From a Porsche 911 to what many people believe to be the purists rally car, a Ford Cortina GT along with a variety of cars guests will have the opportunity to drive one of these incredible classic cars themselves.
The HERO Arrive & Drive fleet feature at hugely at HERO events. The cars listed below featured at the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show's sister show, The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, and between them, have won 12 awards across different events - the Green Porsche 911 won the Icelandic Saga event outright. Several of the cars available at the November show were competing on the RAC Rally of the Tests the weekend before.
The cars available to drive were:
- I. 1964 Triumph TR4 2138cc
- II. 1965 Cortina GT 1500cc
- III. 1966 Triumph TR4A (LHD) 2138cc
- IV. 1969 Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato (LHD) 1290cc
- V. 1971 Alfa Romeo GTV 1779cc
- VI. 1974 MGB Roadster 1800cc
- I. 1968 Porsche 911 SWB (Green) 2000cc
- II. 1968 E Type 4.2 Fixed Head Coupe 4200cc
- III. 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale (LHD) 2000cc
- IV. 1958 MGA Roadster (LHD) 1800cc